Thursday, December 17, 2015

Babykins #3: Fifteen Weeks

 
More crappy lighting, laundry everywhere, boxes everywhere, comfy clothes, and I just woke up from a nap. This is fifteen weeks, y'all!

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 15 weeks
Size of Baby:
(via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is about four inches long and weighs 2.5 ounces. He or she can now move all her joints and limbs and can sense light. He or she is about the size of an apple.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: at least five pounds
Maternity Clothes: Nope. But lots of comfy clothes. 
Gender: I had really thought a surprise would be fun, but it turns out everyone else sort of wants to find out now and I'm getting on board with it. 
Movement: Still nothing really. Occasionally, I think I'll feel something, but it's not enough that I'm confident about it.
Sleep: I've started getting up SO much to use the bathroom. I can't believe that's already happening! We have our bed against a wall (I know, weird in an adult bedroom, but we're not in the master and that's how I could work it) and I've started making Peyton sleep by it so I can get out easier.
Cravings: My mom made some really good bean dip and I've been loving that. I may have to ask her to make another batch because it's SO good.

Symptoms: low iron, lack of energy, still some morning sickness early in the day, clumsiness, and some all over aches and such. Also, my headaches took a turn for the worse. I'm really thankful my doctor reassured me that a lot of it can be hormonal, that they will likely get much better when I'm not pregnant and even as the pregnancy progresses, and that the medicine I'm on is completely safe for short periods of time. At the same time, I HATE taking a lot of medicine but I feel like I can't really function without it a lot of days. I feel like by forty weeks I'll be a disaster, but I keep reminding myself that both times before, I felt much better after the halfway mark. 
What I Miss: Not having these headaches all the time and also not stressing out about them. 
Best Moment This Week:
 
Graves and bath time baby (who is currently dried out and functioning as a regular baby doll). Today sort of kicked my butt, physically and emotionally. But then I kicked its back. I think I've done a pretty good job griping about how sick I've been, but I can't even articulate the place this pregnancy has put me in emotionally- the other night I walked into my parents' house and I teared up and told my mom "Y'all's food smells so good. I wish I had never had to leave". Um, what??? I took a two hour nap this afternoon and got my priorities in line: feed, bathe, and Advent them while Peyton is at Awakening the Force or whatever. As an unexpected bonus I also got the pine needles vacuumed of the den floor and out of the couch. Setting the bar reasonable helps. Anyway, if I'm super honest sometimes I struggle if this was the right decision- we're so far away from the baby stage and this has been so hard (which is crazy talk because I wanted this baby so desperately). But I know when I hold this sweet baby in my arms for the first time, I won't question it at all. In the meantime, I need little reminders and God usually uses this guy to send them to me. He's been a wonderful little brother but it would be a cryin' shame for him not to get to be a big brother at least once.
What I Am Looking Forward To: We've basically decided for sure we're finding out the gender and I'm starting to get really excited about that. About six more weeks!
Comparison to Graves:

No comments: