Monday, December 28, 2015

Babykins #3: Sixteen Weeks

 

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 16 weeks
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is about the size of an avocado (four and a half inches long and weighs three and a half ounces). His or her legs are more developed and eyes and ears are close to their final position. 
Total Weight Gain/Loss: definitely over five pounds, but I'm not sure how much 
Maternity Clothes: I still haven't busted out the real stuff yet.
Gender: Okay, so we're finding out and it'll probably be in a little over a month (my appointments are sort of off, so I think the anatomy scan will be at twenty one or twenty two weeks instead of twenty). A lot of people keep guessing that it's a girl because I've been so sick, but I was a lot sicker with Graves than with Annie. That said, I think maybe my body just handles pregnancy worse each time.
Movement: Nothing for sure yet
Sleep: It's been okay. But I am getting up a lot. I'm thankful that I can go right back to sleep.
Cravings: mainly I've just been enjoying all the good food other people (my parents and in laws) made for the holidays =) Oh and I really like sushi but lately I've been loving it even more.

Symptoms: same-- low iron, lack of energy, still some morning sickness early in the day, clumsiness, and some all over aches, and headaches. And I've already started getting indigestion. I think that happened a good bit later last time? Oh, and also, I passed out on Monday of last week. It happened at the reception after our friend Haydn's swearing in ceremony for her new position as Chancery Court Judge. I'm fine and it was no big deal but I was sort of mortified and it freaked me out so badly while it was happening. I grabbed Peyton's arm and told him I was so dizzy all of a sudden and then everything got so blurry and I literally thought I was dying (which seems so stupid and dramatic but I've never fainted before). Then when I woke up on the floor I thought "this can't happen; we have so much to do today". Then I PANICKED and was like "where's Annie?" (Haydn had grabbed her and distracted her but honestly she's six, she's pretty self-sufficient, and things like that don't really scare her.) Then I finally started fretting over my spilled drink, making sure my dress wasn't pulled up, and telling deputy guy who called the ambulance he could cancel it and every one else how far along I was. That's when I knew I was back to my old self. I am really glad Peyton was right there and that Graves was with my in-laws because I think it would have scared him a lot. I hadn't had hardly anything to drink that morning and I think I was just dehydrated and got overheated. I've been trying to drink a lot more water.
What I Miss: Just being able to eat what I want and not thinking about if it will make me sick. Mickey grilled this sausage yesterday and they were AMAZING. But not so much on the way back up. 
Best Moment This Week: Just spending a lot of time with our families (especially my sister and her husband who were in town for a good bit longer than their usual short visits). I was so sad that they went back to Nashville today. 
What I Am Looking Forward To: Well, I looked at my posts with Graves and apparently I didn't really stop having morning sickness until about eighteen to twenty weeks. I'm excited that the halfway mark is in view and I'm also cautiously optimistic that I could maybe turn a corner with the sickness.
Comparison to Graves:
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With my first boy I had the 24/7 sickness until 6ish months. Then it came back for the last 4 weeks. I did take a prescription every 4 hours, but it really just took the edge off enough for ms to be able to function. So sorry for you as I know it is miserable feeling like that all the time. And I hated to complain about it because there could be a lot worse pregnancy complications. With my second boy, all day sickness was back but thankfully left after the first trimester. I did however have low iron with him and ended up having to take a supplement. That could also contribute to the fainting spell. Also been there and done that & I think I was more embarrassed than anything else. Hopefully you'll feel better soon :)