Friday, December 4, 2015

Babykins #3: Thirteen Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 13 weeks
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 weights almost an ounce and is about three inches long, the size of a medium shrimp. He or she now has fingerprints and his or her body is starting to catch up with her head!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I went to the doctor this week and I've gained about five pounds. I wish I had been more specific last time, because I feel like this has happened a lot faster this time! Y'all, if that's not a bump in that picture!
Maternity Clothes: That said, I'm still doing really okay in the wardrobe department and that's nice. Although, things are getting a little snug. I wore a pair of skinny jeans last night and I'm pretty sure it was the last time for them. Remember last week I was talking about my green cords? Well, these red ones are a size smaller and they still work, but I'm sure this was one of the last times if not the last time for them, too!
Gender: We don't know and I'm not sure we'll find out, but two out of the four of us want to =)
Movement: I thought I felt something today and I Googled it and it said with second and additional pregnancies you can start to feel the baby this early.
Sleep: Well, I'm sleeping fine. It's the getting up that's hard. I'm still getting sick a lot of mornings, but at least it's not all day!
Cravings: Bagel Bites and Little Debbie cakes- not the most healthy choices, ha!

Symptoms: Like I said, I'm still getting sick a lot in the morning and they did blood work at my doctor's appointment this week and found out I'm a little anemic, so hopefully some iron supplements will help with energy and such.
What I Miss: I'm going to sound like a broken record, but not being so over the top emotional. I'm just really struggling in that area and I feel like I'm even more sensitive than usual.
Best Moment This Week: (Okay, first of all everything is FINE), but this week at my appointment they couldn't find a heartbeat and so they sent me to get a sonogram. I didn't realize that the baby now looks like a BABY:

This little guy or gal was BUSY- he kept kicking his or her legs and flipping over. The girl doing the sonogram was cracking up and could barely get a what she needed. I think this one might take after big brother! [Also, last night we were talking about where the baby would sleep and Annie suggested attaching a cradle to Graves's bed. "They would love that", she said. Haha.]
Also, this is so funny because last time at thirteen weeks I wrote PARAGRAPHS defending my medicine anxiety when pregnant despite being married to a pharmacist. Okay, well Peyton had told me to try to be really careful with my Fioricet (headache medicine) because he's seen people get addicted to it. I talked to the doctor (and nurse) at my appointment and they said not to torture myself taking useless Tylenol and trying to ration it out, just to take what I need. They said they have people that have to take two around the clock because their headaches get so much worse during pregnancies (fortunately, mine are not that bad). Dr. Shiflett said that it could be addictive, but most people don't even need it for the duration of their pregnancy so you really aren't on it that long.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Hopefully notw that the first trimester is basically over, maybe I'll be turning a corner soon with the throwing up.
Comparison to Graves:
[Clearly things look a bit different this time!]
 


1 comment:

Kristal said...

I definitely see that bump, SD! How nice to have the first tri behind you now. :)