Saturday, January 9, 2016

Babykins #3: Eighteen Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 18 weeks
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 weighs about five ounces now (about the same as a turnip) and is about five inches long. His or her skeleton is changing from cartilage to bone!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: ten pounds. When I looked at my eighteen weeks post with Graves, I had gained FOUR. Ha!
Maternity Clothes: Nope, but I think I'm done with all my normal jeans and pants. I really hate maternity clothes, so I'm putting it off. Leggings and dresses when I'm in public and comfy pants at home.
Gender: Well, we got a date set to find out. It's a week from Tuesday. That feels so soon! It was also fun to read that at this point, I thought Graves was a girl!
Movement: Yes! Not that frequent, but I have a couple of times!
Sleep: It's been okay, but last night was terrible and I was up a ton! I think I may have taken a Sudafed too close to bedtime. 
Cravings: Peyton made these white chocolate peanut butter crackers and they are my favorite so I've been devouring them.

Symptoms: In a lot of ways I'm feeling better (not really dealing with sickness as much) but I was sort of discouraged at my doctor's appointment. The baby's heartbeat was perfect and everything looked fine with him or her but they are still worried about my iron (I had it retested) and I had a really low blood pressure reading. They took it again and it was still low but not near as unusually so. Mine sort of runs low anyway, but it was a little concerning. I wasn't even super worried, it's just frustrating to be having so many small issues this time around. I know I shouldn't complain though and I'm thankful I'm not dealing with anything worse.
What I Miss: LOLOL reareading Graves's eighteen week post. I apparently really wanted a glass of wine to help me get in a romantic mood. Um, I'm not sure there is any amount of wine that could get me there this time. I honestly feel like I want to punch Peyton (or anyone) in the face anytime he touches me. I'm not a big snuggler anyway, but gosh it's already SO uncomfortable. Gross and sorry.
Best Moment This Week: I don't know why I'm referring to it so much this week, but in that post Annie said "baby" for the first time. This week was another special moment with her. As I've mentioned, Graves is a lot more interested in babies (and this particular baby) than she is. So it was really special when we dropped them off at my parents' for a few hours one evening and she kissed me and said "Bye, Momma" and kissed my tummy and said "Bye, Baby". Peyton and I were both so tickled and my mom looked completely shocked.
What I Am Looking Forward To: A few things-- finding out the gender, getting so close to the halfway point, hopefully getting even more of energy back as I'm taking the iron supplements twice a day now.
Comparison to Graves:


No comments: