Friday, January 15, 2016

Babykins #3: Nineteen Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 19 weeks
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 weighs eight and a half ounces and measures about six inches long. He or she is about the size of an heirloom tomato! Babykins #3 is currently developing specialized areas of the brain for smell, taste, hearing and vision and touch. He or she can probably hear us talking now!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: about ten pounds
Maternity Clothes: Yep. I pulled down the maternity box. The jeans are so not stylish and I feel so frumpy. But I couldn't squeeze into my others a day longer and I didn't feel like wearing a dress to sub at MDO (and even though EVERYBODY does it, I feel weird wearing yoga pants to "work").
Gender: So crazy to think that this time next week we'll know!
Movement: A little bit. I'm so ready for it to get more consistent.
Sleep: Not too bad, all things considered.
Cravings: We drove by Krispie Kreme the other day but didn't have time to stop so that's on my list now.

Symptoms: They've been ALOT better. I did throw up once this week but that was it. And my headaches have been okay. I'm still super tired, but even that's improving. 
What I Miss: Well, I miss not being as edgy. I feel like even that's gotten better and I have ALOT more good days than bad ones, but on the bad ones I just feel really sad and drained. For example, today. Peyton said this is an awkward picture and I'm having anxiety because when I compare them to the ones I took with Graves (with the big camera, I made Peyton take tons, and then I had to upload them) I realize the quality of these is terrible and I'm already worried about the million other ways I won't be good enough for this guy or gal. (Look, it was a challenging day in my head, y'all.)
Best Moment This Week:Watching Inside Out with the kids. It was the first movie we really sat and enjoyed as a family (like in the dark with popcorn kinda thing) and we all LOVED it. It was nice to spend that time together (especially as it came on the heels of a giant emotional outburst from Annie- so fitting). 
What I Am Looking Forward To: Next week is kind of a big deal. By this time next week, we'll know what this baby is and I'll be able to say that I've made it halfway to the finish line. Both those things feel like a really big deal. Especially with this pregnancy, particularly the latter.
Comparison to Graves:


No comments: