Thursday, February 25, 2016

Babykins #3: Twenty Five Weeks



Yep, that's how Peyton bikes in the Winter =)

Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 25 weeks
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is about thirteen and a half inches and weighs in at about half a pound (the size of an average rutabagga)! Her skin is smoothing out and she's probably growing hair!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: seventeen pounds. 
Maternity Clothes: We didn't have Book Buddies this week, so y'all can see what I look like the majority of the time!
Gender: It's a girl!
Movement: Like I've been saying, she's super active. Especially at night!
Sleep: It's been another rough week. Last night was really, really good but the night before was MISERABLE. I think I was up at least once an hour and couldn't get comfortable.
Cravings: I figured out how to get my favorite sushi roll (the ro was the only raw part and I just told them to leave it off) and it was SO good.

Symptoms: I've had some terrible heartburn lately and the weather has been awful and I was feeling it- I had several days where I was almost not functional from headaches and such. I got so upset about it. Then yesterday, I started feeling this pressure in my lower abdomen and it really freaked me out. It wasn't painful but it was a lot of pressure and it reminded me of when I had some pre-term labor with Graves. That was a lot farther along, though, and honestly it was nearly five years ago so it may have felt completely different. I really can't remember. I ended up calling after five o'clock and talked to an on-call doctor and she didn't seem too concerned. She just said to monitor it and if it did become painful I should come in. I have an appointment in about a week and I'm going to run it by Dr. Shiflett then.
What I Miss: I know this is redundant, but I just feel so "off" literally ninety percent of the time. I can't even find words to articulate what it is and for me personally not being able to put words to something is one of the worst feelings in the world. And then there's this-- this fear (that I know is rooted in my anxiety) that it won't get better. I can do this relatively easily (and joyfully) for a few more months but I'm scared it's not the pregnancy and is actually just my new normal and it terrifies me.
Best Moment This Week: Honestly, when that dumb weather front finally passed through and I got some relief today. I still don't feel great, but I'm so much better. Oh, and this was so funny- Graves had this little butterfly sticker he was playing with and he was making the butterfly talk and all of a sudden he made his voice get all squeaky and goes "Oh! Oh! I have HEARTBURN". I had to laugh. 
What I Am Looking Forward To: I got the last little thing I've ordered for the baby's corner of the room and it got me excited about fixing it up  for her in the next couple of months!
Comparison to Graves:

No comments: