Friday, February 19, 2016

Babykins #3: Twenty Four Weeks



Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 24 weeks
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is almost a foot long and just over a pound (think of an ear of corn)! Clearly, she's pretty skinny, but she'll start packing on the chub soon. Her brain is growing quickly and her taste buds are starting to develop more.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: seventeen pounds. 
Maternity Clothes: Mostly just dresses, but that was the last wear for those specific tights in the picture. I had a hard time keeping them up.
Gender: It's a girl!
Movement: Peyton's been able to feel her move a good bit lately and then this week the kids were able to feel her a couple of times!
Sleep: Ugh. This is somewhat of a sore subject, I'm afraid. It hasn't been great for awhile, but this past week has been really ROUGH. I think it's several things- lots of sinus junk that's making it hard to breathe, plus I'm just starting to not be able to really get comfortable.
Cravings: I still really want some glazed (and powdered) doughnuts. 

Symptoms: heartburn, headaches, throwing up, ect. (although the throwing up has gotten better, but I already said that once and had to eat my words). The heartburn has gotten increasingly worse, though, and I've started having some BAD back pain. Like really sharp pain. I had some of that with Graves but I'm pretty sure it was much later. That's one things that's really been making it hard to sleep. That said, I haven't had as much dizziness and my headaches have been much more manageable and like I said, no barfing this week so I'm very grateful.
What I Miss: Okay, so last night we went to get sushi with a friend and Peyton realized that my favorite roll had an asterisk meaning "raw or undercooked". I had NO IDEA and always say "oh, I don't eat the raw stuff". I still haven't figured out what is in it (a crunchy roll) that's raw. I mean, it has shrimp but I thought it was cooked. Anyway, that's on the not supposed to eat list and I was so upset. I was really craving it and I'm so disappointed to have to wait until June to have it again!  
Best Moment This Week: the kids getting to feel their sister move! 
What I Am Looking Forward To: Oh okay, another weird thing that happened this week. I started cleaning up a kitty mess without even thinking about it. I'm pretty sure it was throw up, not poop, but I couldn't be sure. Poop is off limits for pregnant women and I got so scared when I thought about the baby getting a life threatening infection. Anyway, I Googled and read some and it helped me be less worried- usually the opposite of what Googling does. Basically, it takes like twenty four hours for the poop to become infectious, if you've been around cats your whole life you're not very high risk, and honestly handling raw meat is really more dangerous. But the point is-- I'm really looking forward to not having to think about this crap (pun intended)
Comparison to Graves:

No comments: