Thursday, February 11, 2016

Babykins #3: Twenty Three Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 23 weeks
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is over eleven inches long and weights about as much as a large mango, which is around one pound! She's starting to hear things better and the blood vessels in her lungs are developing so she'll be ready to breath on his own.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: seventeen pounds. Apparently, I had gained ten at twenty five weeks with Graves (and less than that with AP?) and was having discussions with Cookie about how huge I was. Good grief.
Maternity Clothes: Not today, but my friend Haley passed on some super cute stuff and I'm so excited about that!
Gender: It's a girl!
Movement: She's a busy girl! Peyton even felt her kick recently. I think I mentioned this but she's really, really active at night.
Sleep: Whew, I've been so tired lately. I had so much fun on my girls' trip with Ashley and Carrie but it wore me out. Also, I've had a little cough and have had some restless nights. I've been going to bed earlier than usual and that's helped. Last night I felt like I finally got a good night's rest.
Cravings: I ate this "Mexican street corn" at a restaurant Cookie loves in Nashville and I SO wish I could find it somewhere here.

Symptoms: heartburn, headaches, throwing up, you name it. I at least have some of my energy back, though, and I do NOT take that for granted. 
What I Miss: Not taking trips to the bathroom every ten minutes. I was pretty worried about the car trip but it ended up being fine and we probably stopped every couple of hours. I did my best to stay hydrated but at home I'm trying to drink even more water and I feel like I'm in the bathroom ALL the time. 
Best Moment This Week: having some time away from the kids and Peyton and then getting back and being so happy to see them. 
What I Am Looking Forward To: I had not even THOUGHT about this, but in my post with Graves, I mentioned being excited about reaching viability. Of course, we hope Sister Baby stays put for a lot longer, but that's CRAZY to me. I can't believe it and it's sort of a surreal "light at the end of the tunnel" feeling. 
Comparison to Graves:

Well, this was a fun surprise! I was wearing the same dress in my twenty three weeks picture with Graves! I wish it was a full body shot because I realized how much bigger I look all over this time (rather than just my tummy).

No comments: