Thursday, February 4, 2016

Babykins #3: Twenty Two Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 22 weeks
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is almost a full pound and about eleven inches long (about the length of a spaghetti squash)! Her facial features are becoming more distinct and s he's starting to look like a miniature newborn!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: about twelve pounds. With Graves, I had only gained about five at this point. Whoa!
Maternity Clothes: Ugh, not if I can help it. Tights, leggings, and comfy pants, pretty much. I am breaking out the jeans, though, because Carrie and I are spending the weekend with Ashley in Nashville and it's going to be chilly!
Gender: It's a girl! I've been meaning to mention this, but I think we're going to keep her name a surprise until she arrives =) Not that we've even figured it out yet. 
Movement: Oh my goodness, she's moving up a storm lately. I know it's not going to be long until Peyton and the kids can feel her kicking around! Oh, and she's SO active at night. I wonder if she'll be a nightowl like me and her big sister. Eeek ;)
Sleep: It's been kind of rough this week. I think it's partly me being inconsistent with my schedule, though.
Cravings: Corndogs. I know, I know.

Symptoms:  Well, I'm back to throwing up some. I've had some terrible heartburn and some days I'm honestly like "HOW am I going to make it until June?" But then I have some really good days where I don't feel miserable and I so, so love feeling her move around now. I know this is the last time I'll get to do this so I'm trying VERY hard to enjoy it as much as I can even though pregnancy has never been something I love as much as I adore the end result. 
What I Miss: I guess I just miss feeling like "me". And I'm facing the reality that with postpartum hormones, it will likely be next Fall before I do again. But it's so, so worth it and I don't want to take this for granted at all.  
Best Moment This Week: really starting to feel her move more!
What I Am Looking Forward To: February is a just a fun month in general and while I don't want to be wishing the time away, I can't lie- I'm happy it's a short one. When we hit March I'll just feel so much closer to meeting our girl!
Comparison to Graves:
I did get Peyton to take some pictures on the real camera during week 20. I'm planning to do a little "halfway there" post, probably next week, so I'll include them there!

No comments: