Tuesday, March 8, 2016

10 Things



Last week a friend tagged me to do this fun meme on IG and I thought it would be fun to share it here, too. So ten random facts about me:

1. We watched Star Wars the other night (the first- the fourth?- I can't keep it straight) as a family. It's so not my thing, but I promised Peyton.
2. I will say that there is one aspect that I sort of enjoyed. I'm sure anal about movies- I rewind, turn on the subtitles, and pause them so Peyton can clarify things. But because I was so not invested in it, I was a lot more relaxed about it.
3. Summer is my favorite season. Even in Mississippi.
4. I mostly dislike blue jeans. I am much more comfortable in dresses.
5. I am obsessed with avocados.
6. I love to read in general but I don't prioritize it like I used to. BUT, I absolutely adore children's literature and reading aloud is one of my favorite parts of homeschooling. 
7. Annie and I both have trouble going to sleep. At night I fall asleep with the news on.
8. When I take naps (which I love to do) I usually turn off my brain by picturing myself somewhere relaxing. Sometimes it's very typical like the beach but often I like to think of an orange grove or a field of wildflowers.
9. Incidentally, Wildflowers (Tom Petty) and Cowboy Take Me Away (The Dixie Chicks) have been two of my absolute favorite songs at various points in my life. 
10. I used to do these things on the blog ALL THE TIME. I mostly did the ones Ashley shared on her blog. I actually have three or four saved in a folder on my computer that I never got around to. I sort of think it'd be fun to do them now.

No comments: