Friday, March 18, 2016

Babykins #3: Twenty Eight Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
 How far along: 28 weeks
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is about the size of a Chinese cabbage, which is two and a quarter pounds, and measures fifteen inches from head to heel. She can blink her eyes, she now has eyelashes, and she may even be able to observe light coming in from the outside. Crazy!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: twenty two pounds as of my last appointment (we don't have a reliable scale at home)
Maternity Clothes:  The dress I'm wearing isn't, but lots of stuff is. I've gotten a little nervous because I don't have a lot of warm weather stuff and honestly I'm not sure I'll fit in what I do have by the end. That said, I really REALLY don't want to buy anything else.
Gender: It's a girl!
Movement: I should have mentioned this awhile back but it seems like the movement is getting SO much stronger. Of course, it starts out just as little flutters that are hardly recognizable and then you really start to feel them move and then you get to where you can SEE the baby moving from the outside and feel how hard the little body parts are. I love it but it's almost a little freaky and I'm confident I was not at this stage this early with the other two.
Sleep: Oh gosh, it's so touch and go. Some nights have been okay and then I've had some really, really bad ones where I feel like I'm up every twenty minutes. One night I wrote it down and finally at five in the morning I got a two hour stretch. Having a newborn ain't gonna be no thing in the sleep department!
Cravings: It's funny because on my twenty eight weeks post with Graves I said I missed just having the freedom to have unlimited amounts of caffeine. This time, my headache medicine has caffeine in it and I'm just not as strict with myself. I mean, I try to be reasonable but I'm not limiting it near as much. And one thing I crave is definitely a good Coke. 

Symptoms: Like I said, things have improved. I'm still getting sick but it's very occasional and I'm having some BAD heartburn and leg cramps at night. The weather has been bad again, too, so my headaches are back. But overall, it's an improvement, I'd say. 
What I Miss: Being able to stay up super late without feeling it in a major way. I'm still a night owl and honestly, I'm probably still up later than most people with small children but I have to mix in earlier nights and if I do pull a super late nighter, I definitely feel it. 
Best Moment This Week: We got the attic almost completely organized. It was well on its way to being done, but I still needed to do a handful of things that I knew would take a bit of time. I got them done! I still need Peyton to move a couple of big boxes, but it's basically in the state I want it. That is a HUGE accomplishment in my book and I was so excited.
What I Am Looking Forward To: I'm getting super excited because Peyton and my New York trip is less than a month away. I feel like we've got a lot to do between now and then, but it's getting so close! 
Comparison to Graves:

No comments: