Thursday, March 3, 2016

Babykins #3: Twenty Six Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:

How far along: 26 weeks
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is about the length of an "English hothouse cucumber" (what???) at fourteen inches and weighs about one and two thirds pounds. Her nerves are developing so she is starting to hear things better!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: seventeen pounds at my last appointment
Maternity Clothes:  I'm so ready for shorts! More and more leggings are going into the pile of unwearable stuff.
Gender: It's a girl!
Movement: She's very active. Especially at night!
Sleep: It's been pretty rough lately.
Cravings: I've been loving soups and salads lately. I didn't do my soup challenge this Winter but lately I've been making a few. Tonight I made white chicken chili and it was really yummy! 

Symptoms: These last couple haven't been my best weeks so far- I know it sounds crazy to lots of people, but I really think a lot of it is the weather. Last night I started throwing up and couldn't stop and Peyton said he might need to take me to the hospital. I took a whole Phenergan (I only ever take half!) and it helped but it knocked me out! I could barely get off the couch until lunch. I'm so grateful Annie and Graves are such good sports. They did paper crafts, played with homeschool manipulatives, planned upcoming Beanie Boo parties, and Annie pretended Graves was her puppy dog and trained him so he was as well-behaved as Louie (something I've yet to manage to do!)
What I Miss: This is totally TMI, but I've already mentioned it at least once. I really miss having some semblance of bladder control. Coughing and sneezing is bad enough but when I throw up, it's just terrible. I'm pretty sure I'll be a great candidate for the the pelvic floor sling surgery after this is all over. 
Best Moment This Week: Best moment from the past week is courtesy of Graves-- "That tummy is lookin' good today". Well, thank you, charming sir because half the people I encounter (okay, maybe mostly your maternal grandparents who obviously have no filters) seem genuinely concerned about my size.
What I Am Looking Forward To: I hadn't even thought of this, but I put "smelling him" in Graves's twenty six weeks post and YES! I can't wait to sniff this precious girl!
Comparison to Graves:

No comments: