Thursday, April 28, 2016

Babykins #3: Thirty Four Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
 How far along: 34 Weeks [Oh, I realized that I really need to finish up and post my THIRTY week "reflections" post since it'll be time for another one next week. I got super behind with the trip and actually just uploaded a month's worth of pictures from the DSLR today and that was mainly what I was waiting on. So third baby, right? A full month late.]
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is now about the size of a cantaloupe - she weighs in at about four and three fourths pounds and is eighteen inches. Her fat layers are filling out (AS ARE MINE) and her skin is getting increasingly smooth. Her central nervous system and lungs are continuing to develop. According to BabyCenter, most babies born from this point forward are completely fine if they don't have any other health factors. That's a nice thing to hear!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: twenty eight pounds as of my last appointment. That's two more pounds than I had gained with Graves at thirty nine weeks. Eeek.
Maternity Clothes: The dress I'm wearing isn't. I actually didn't buy very much maternity stuff and what I have, besides one pair of shorts, is mostly Winter. But, as you can see, this dress's days are numbered (as is the case with most of my clothes). Oh, scroll to the bottom for a bonus comparison shot!
Gender: It's a girl! 
Movement: She's so active.
Sleep: I've had a few rough nights but again this week it's mostly that I wake up feeling horrible and achy.
Cravings: I've been craving sweets a lot again. 

Symptoms: typical pregnancy stuff- my back and my FEET are hurting really bad. My feet actually haven't given me problems until this week. Even with all the walking we did in New York, they got sore but not as bad as they've been this week. I'm sure I've gained a good bit since then, though.
What I Miss: I said in Graves's post that what I missed was just being able to get around easier and how hard it was getting to do housework. Um...I didn't know what I was talking about. I'm way less mobile this time and I could feel my heart beating faster earlier just from walking around the house. It's funny because that and my sore feet made me wonder if the trip would have not been near as fun even just two weeks later. 
Best Moment This Week: Carrie and I went to dinner on Monday and it was such a nice break. I'm not sure if we'll try to squeeze one more girls' night in right before Sister Baby arrives but it was so nice to just have a light hearted evening with one of my very best friends.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Another thing I mentioned in Graves's post was that my Sunday school class was throwing me a shower. Well, this Sunday one of my precious friends in my new class at a new church offered to have a little celebration. I made it really clear that this is the third baby, we have one of each, we don't need A THING, ect. but she said she just wanted to bring refreshments and celebrate our special girl. Which was so sweet. Also, the kids' birthday party is next week. Once that's over, I still need to do a lot around the house but I really think those are the last two "events" that I'm just determined to make.
Comparison to Graves:
 
 One More Comparison:

same dress!


No comments: