Thursday, April 21, 2016

Babykins #3: Thirty Three Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
 How far along: 33 Weeks
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 now weighs in at about four pounds (which is the size of an average pineapple) and has passed the seventeen inch mark in length. Her skeleton is hardening so she doesn't look as much like a wrinkled little alien (BabyCenter's words, not mine!).
Total Weight Gain/Loss: twenty eight pounds as of my last appointment yesterday. That's two more pounds than I had gained with Graves at thirty nine weeks. Eeek.
Maternity Clothes: The dress I'm wearing in the picture isn't. I love stuff with an empire waist right now!
Gender: It's a girl! 
Movement: She's so active.
Sleep: It's okay. It actually hasn't been terrible but I've been waking up just feeling so sore and achy.
Cravings: Oh my gosh, I'm loving a good salad or sandwich (which right now mostly means it's from a restaurant, ha!)

Symptoms: The last night of the trip I was so sore and hurt EVERYWHERE. I was scared it was the flu. It was just the trip finally catching up with me.
What I Miss: The hardest thing about the trip was having to go to the bathroom all the time. After a lady at Subway told me no I got my script down: "Hi! I'm very pregnant and sort of in a desperate situation." I'm pretty sure the last sweet little Hispanic guy I said this to couldn't figure out if I needed his bathroom to teetee or give birth in. I have a hard time with this anyway, but I'll be relieved to not have the added pressure (no pun intended). Oh and at the Tenement Museum there was a mom and a daughter and the mom told the little girl to let me go ahead of them (so sweet!). Then she started to explain about how when you're pregnant the baby takes up all this space inside you and pushes your other organs around and puts pressure on your bladder and that kind of thing. It was sort of (really) nerdy but it was so something Peyton or I would do with our kids. 
Best Moment This Week: We had the best time in New York but it's also such a relief to be home. We have a good bit to do around the house to get ready for our girl, but the trip was the last big thing I wanted to fit in and worried a bit here and there I wouldn't be able to.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Like I've said before, I've gotten really into milestones this time. Just marking a goal and trying to "make it" there. I'm super excited about several that are coming up. First, the five week intervals are kind of a big deal to me, so I'll be so happy to hit thirty five and only have one more of those five week blocks to go. Then the next week will be thirty six and I'll be able to say I just have a month left. And then thirty seven is a big deal because it's (considered by some people) full term.
Comparison to Graves:





No comments: