Thursday, May 12, 2016

Babykins #3: Thirty Six Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
 How far along: 36
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is about six pounds and is gaining around an ounce a day- she's about the size of a crenshaw melon (?) and is about eighteen and a half inches long. She is shedding herlittle downy covering and the waxy vernix that has been protecting her.
Total Weight Gain/Loss: twenty eight pounds as of my last appointment.
Maternity Clothes: Honestly, most of my maternity stuff is too warm (since my other babies were born in April). So I'm getting by with my one pair of maternity shorts, loose dresses, and gym clothes. Ha!
Gender: It's a girl! 
Movement: She's really active. Every time she moves now I get more excited about holding her. Just a few more weeks!
Sleep: Not the best, but it has been worse.
Cravings: I went to Babalu last night with some friends and it was the most amazing thing I've put in my mouth. Too bad it gave me some of the worst indigestion ever.

Symptoms: back pain and heartburn and some pretty strong Braxton Hicks are the worst of it
What I Miss: I can't complain too much because I actually feel a lot better than I did most of the pregnancy, but again, just being completely physically comfortable. 
Best Moment This Week: Well, the funniest moment was when Graves and Peyton got back from being out of the house for a few hours and I told Peyton "I was so productive and got so much done! Come look in the kids' room!" and Graves got so excited and asked "Is she in there???" I wasn't *that* productive, Buddy.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Being full term next week! I'm happy for every day with her on the inside until forty weeks because I know that's the best for her but it will feel really good to hit that marker. 
Comparison to Graves:
[I was on bedrest and apparently I didn't own the gym shorts I'm wearing today because Peyton's boxers- which have been getting a lot of use again this round- were the only shorts that fit me.]

No comments: