Friday, June 10, 2016

Babykins #3: Forty Weeks


Pregnancy Highlights:
 How far along: 40 Weeks
Size of Baby: (via BabyCenter) Babykins #3 is probably somewhere around 7 1/2 pounds (about the size of a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long. Her skull bones are not yet fused, which allows them to overlap a bit if it's a snug fit through the birth canal during labor. This so-called "molding" is the reason your baby's noggin may look a little conehead-ish after birth. Rest assured — it's normal and temporary. [I had to go hunt this info down this time since I couldn't C&P it from Graves's forty week post!]
Total Weight Gain/Loss: Thirty pounds at my last appointment.
Maternity Clothes: I call the above look "It's my due date and I've been sitting at the pool in the ninety five degree heat for two hours without getting in because I went this whole time and I refused to buy any new maternity stuff, including a bathing suit".
Movement: It's still SO intense but it seems like I'm not feeling her as often and it makes me so anxious. I do remember that being the case at the very end with Graves, too, though. Which of course is comforting.
Sleep: Not too terrible, actually.
Cravings: salads, avocado, desserts with fresh fruit- could be worse! But I also really, really want a sno cone or ten. 
Symptoms: As I've mentioned, I've been walking around at like 4 cm for a couple of weeks and even Dr. Shiflett just gasped at how low she is. She feels like she's about to fall out. Which of course, would be a really lovely labor, but right now is all kinds of miserable. I feel like I go between having a hard time physically and having a hard time emotionally. Monday was SO hard. I was having bad cramps (like running cramps, not period cramps), I'm back to throwing up things, and I was feeling dizzy and having the worst indigestion of my life. Oh, and I keep forgetting to include the intense internal thermostat change I've experienced in my symptoms list in these posts. I woke up the other night sweating and the house was a solid ten degrees colder than what we typically keep it on in the Summer. Thankfully, Peyton's being real gracious about the external thermostat Also, it's hard to breath. Basically, I'm a total train wreck. Tuesday was so much better but I was sort of edgy all day and dealing with some anxiety. I went to my doctor's appointment and when I got home and I was so irritated about dumb stuff. I hadn't gotten my regular post visit take out and P and Annie had made muffins. She had a little bear mold he suggested they use and she said I could have the bear muffin "since I didn't get my treat after the OB". I just lost it and started crying I thought it was so sweet. Thankfully, the last few days have been really great on both counts and I so wish she'd come on while I feel rested and peaceful.
What I Miss: Let's see, how do I say this without being dramatic? Just feeling like a normal human being? I'm just ready to feel physically comfortable at some points during the day again. I'm also ready to feel like my emotions are somewhat regulated. I'm well aware that both of those could take some time even after our girl is here, but I'm so ready to start the process.  
Best Moment This Week: Well, the bear muffin moment was a good one despite the tears. Also, several people (not even my closest friends necessarily, which to me made it even more meaningful) reached out yesterday on my due date to encourage me in this last "mile" before the finish line. It meant so much to me. I felt so seen, known, and loved.
What I Am Looking Forward To: Umm, HER. I have checked SO many things off that I didn't think I'd be able to and that's been so nice. The one thing that was still making me so anxious was her name. I made myself really think about it and then have a SERIOUS talk with Peyton (he loves being goofy and obnoxious every time I try). I still want to wait to see her to make a final decision, but I feel so peaceful about our options. I really think she has waited until I did- names are such a big thing to me. I also think she might be waiting on her aunt (who was MY Sister Baby) to arrive! Cookie's here for her best friend's wedding this weekend and I couldn't think of better timing!
Comparison to Graves:
This picture is both a little bit of a challenge for me to look at (I just want my baby!) and also so good for me as far as encouraging me on this last little bit of the journey. I've taken walks and done everything I know to do. We've even done the thing NOBODY wants to do at forty weeks pregnant (which is what got Graves here on his due date, I'm pretty sure). It wasn't pleasurable. It was actually hardly POSSIBLE. Ha. I'm pretty sure it's just a waiting game at this point. I know she'll be here when she's ready =)


No comments: