Friday, July 29, 2016

Weekly Happenings Post #371 (May 9-15)-- Setting Up Sister Baby's Corner

 

We knocked out so much "getting ready" stuff for Sister Baby this particular week. The biggest thing was getting the kids' room ready for her. We set up (and made up!) the crib. I got everything rehung on their walls. The kids (and my) closets were all changed over for Summer. All the baby clothes were hung up except some stuff that needs washing. I had gotten her pj drawer ready and I even went through the boxes of bibs and blankets and extra bedding and got that organized. Really all that was left was a box of "gear" and a few bigger things like the Pack n Play, car seat, and swing.

I slept until about 8:30 on Monday and I felt like I had actually slept really well. Peyton and Graves were up and Annie got up and they went outside and played and watered plants. I straightened some around the house and made the bed and sent a couple of emails and went through my reader. I texted Minnie and sent a text to the girl that cuts our hair to make an appointment for Peyton and Graves. I looked at the calendar and tried to figure out when we could get in a trip to Granny's and sent Peyton a link for science thing he was teaching at the homeschool group. I took my bath and worked on my list for the week. I took a little cat nap. My head was hurting and I felt so tired all of a sudden. I slept for about twenty minutes.

The kids watched a show and Peyton prepped his science lesson and I straightened some more around the house, collected laundry, swept in the bedrooms and the study, and vacuumed Annie's bed because she had gotten sand on it. They left and I washed some dishes and took a little break to eat a snack. I read a few blogs, texted a couple of friends, and planned meals, my chore schedule, and blogging for the week. Then I got back to work. I vacuumed in the den and was working on the kitchen when Peyton and the kids got home. They finished their show and I finished vacuuming and mopped in the kitchen and organized the fridge a bit. The kids had lunch while Peyton ran to the grocery store and picked up his birthday meal at Newks. He brought me home a salad and I ate and read some more blogs and then organized some receipts and talked to Peyton about baby names.

I looked over some math curriculum for next year with Annie and then the kids got ready and Peyton took them to practice soccer (just with him) and swim at the Y. I looked online at the math curriculum some more, pinned some recipes Peyton had sent me, and read a few more blogs. I got supper started and went through and organized our spice cabinet and put up dishes and then wrote a post. Peyton and the kids got home and we ate supper and then I cleaned up the kitchen and got the kids' teeth brushed and flossed. Peyton watched a movie and I got on the computer for a bit and planned the next day.
 
 Good grief, you'd think he's been away at work for three months instead of three days the way these people crave his attention. And after being poked and prodded from the outside and the inside, the only thing I could think of that would make my decision to move to the couch a better one is if I could leave this third monkey in the a Pack N Play I planned to set up in our room. Haha. I was so tired of being pregnant.

Tuesday was a full day. I had two meetings that morning. I got up and looked over my reader and email and also played around on some kid clothes websites and then got my bath and got ready and headed to the League Meeting. They were having the 75th anniversary celebration that night and there was a press conference at ten thirty so they flew through the meeting. I had time to come home, regroup, AND plan most of school for the rest of the week. I got ready and went to my next meeting and then came home and talked to Peyton and sent an email. Peyton fed the kids lunch and got the crib down from the attic and I ran to Target and to the library to make some copies. I came home and we put the crib together and then the kids watched a show and I read a few blogs, had lunch and talked to Peyton. He and Graves went for a walk and Annie and I did math. The guys got home and I changed over laundry and straightened some and then we headed to the Y to meet Peyton's sister and her family for some swimming. We had a nice time. I was the only one to not get in the water (no maternity bathing suit, ha!) and I just enjoyed doing nothing and a little reading.

We got home pretty late (around eight thirty) and fed the kids a quick supper and they went right to bed. I did dishes and texted Minnie and straightened the house. Peyton helped me get some boxes from the attic and then I ate something and got on the computer and read some blogs, sent another email, and wrote a post. I went through and did Graves's whole closet change over, had a snack, and folded and put up a big load of laundry. I went to bed pretty late.

Graves had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and Peyton took him, so they were up early. I slept until about nine. I got up and made the bed and fed the cats and ate breakfast. I sent a couple of emails and went through my reader and then got down to business.

Annie was still asleep and I went ahead and found everything I needed and put the bedding on the crib. Well, it actually really needed to be moved down for the crib skirt to work. Peyton and Graves got home right about then anyway and Peyton helped me with it (I was trying to do it by myself). He took the kids to the park and I got the bedding ironed and on the crib and then started working on rehanging some things. That took awhile.
 
When Graves and Peyton got back from being out of the house for a few hours and I told Peyton "I was so productive and got so much done! Come look in the kids' room!" and Graves got so excited and asked "Is she in there???" I wasn't *that* productive, Buddy. 

Peyton and the kids got back and he and Graves got ready for a movie (Annie really didn't want to go). She watched her shows and I finished hanging everything, straightened their room, put up the tools, and swept their floor. I was excited with how it turned out. I finally jumped in the tub around one.

After that, Annie and I did her math. I did all the instruction part and she started a worksheet I told her she could finish later that night. Then we worked on her closet changeover. We got all her Winter stuff boxed up and her Summer stuff on hangers.
 

We took a break and ate lunch and I read some blogs. Peyton and Graves got home and I went through two other boxes- one of bibs, hats, socks, and onsies and one of blankets and crib bedding. I got it all sorted and got some of it ready to donate or sell. I put the blankets up and organized the other stuff so it'd be ready when I got some baskets out of the attic. I did dishes and then got dressed to go meet some friends for dinner.

We meet at Babalu. It was SO good and we had the best time visiting. I got home around eight thirty and talked to the kids and to Peyton. I helped Annie finish her math and got on the computer a bit and then got Annie to help me get some baskets out of the attic. We got the baby stuff all organized into the bins and baskets and put under the crib and then I went to bed by eleven thirty. I was pretty tired.

 
I asked her if I could hand her some (very light) baskets from the attic. She said of course but first she had to get dressed. (the attic stuff makes her itchy and she insists on being covered head to toe, including wearing socks on her hands.)

Hazmat suit for the attic (or you know, SDP warm up suit Minnie cross-stitched circa 1990). I was wearing Peyton's boxer shorts and a tshirt and it felt like it was six hundred degrees. So thankful for this girl!

I had some terribly bad heartburn and ended up moving to the couch where I could get more comfortable and where it was cooler. I actually slept pretty well.

Peyton got up around eight something and the kids and I got up at nine on Thursday. He had to work at ten and we all visited a bit and then I got on the computer and had my breakfast. I collected laundry and started a load and got the kids their breakfast. I took my bath and they watched their shows and then I changed over the laundry and started a new load. I got all the serveware and decorative stuff put up from the party the week before. I had meant to do it earlier but I needed to wash the napkins and table clothes and plus I wanted to knock out as much baby stuff as possible earlier in the week. I got that done and also organized some snacks (bags of pretzels and veggie sticks and stuff) in the cabinets. I folded up the table clothes I had washed and looked over Annie's math for latter and then we did morning school and the kids had lunch.

 Peyton replanted this tree and he broke the roots on accident and said it'd probably die. So these people took it upon themselves to take the doctor'a kit outside and take its temperature, deliver it three cups of water, and wrap some toilet paper around it.  

 
She was so proud of her efforts!
 
 I talked to Peyton, messaged a couple of friends, texted Minnie, and did dishes.

The kids had rest time and I ate lunch, rested a bit, talked to a friend who's pregnant about natural birth and read some blogs. They finished rest time and I folded some laundry and started a new load. We cleaned up their room and then they had supper and I did math with Annie. I got them settled right as Peyton got home. I straightened a bit and emailed a friend and then I ended up falling asleep on the couch. It was dark and Peyton was watering and the kids heard something on their window (Peyton spraying the hose). They asked if they could go outside and check and I said yes and they went in the FRONT yard. Peyton found them and came in to ask what was going on. Haha. Our neighbor had actually discovered them in the bushes first. Graves finally went to sleep and I helped Annie do her math worksheet and another lesson and then got something from the attic. I finished a post and read some blogs and went to bed.

Gosh, it was a restless night. I just didn't sleep well at all and I woke up feeling pretty rough.

Graves got up on the earlier side of his usual wake up time on Friday but he played with his action figures so well. I kind of dozed off and on listening to him and getting his breakfast but it was still the best sleep I got all night, I think. I finally got up after about forty five minutes and I did feel some better. I fixed Annie her breakfast, got on the computer, and put up some groceries Peyton had bought the night before. I took my bath and made up the bed and started a post. The kids watched their shows and I collected laundry, finally had breakfast, took out the trash and recycling and some dead flowers and got some stuff together to take to Minnie's and to Goodwill. I did dishes and then we went ahead and did Annie's math lesson because I figured it would be a short one. It was and after that we did morning school- both kids' critical thinking, some read aloud, and a bit of Bible. I heated up some soup for their lunch and while they ate I cooked some kale and washed a bunch of dishes. I got a load of laundry out of the dryer and sorted it and then the kids had rest time. I read some blogs and texted a friend and then rested some. Peyton got home and we talked some and I ate a late lunch. I helped Graves clean up the kids' room and sorted some blankets into baskets and then got ready to go to Mickey and Minnie's pretty early.

We had a great time. Peyton took the kids out on the kayak and they loved it. We ate and visited and I took a short nap on their deck and also went through the box of newborn boy stuff and decided what to sell and what to keep for Cookie. We left earlier than usual since we got there earlier than usual and when we got home Peyton and I discussed our plans for homeschooling and extracurricular stuff for the Fall. I read though quite a few blog posts and went to bed.

The kids were still awake and Peyton got irritated with me for turning on the TV. I finally got settled but it was a TERRIBLE night. I woke up once and ate something, woke up again with heartburn, and woke up again and felt super hot and like I had a fever (I didn't) and threw up. After that I did feel a lot better, and slept well and even had a nice dream.

I did wake up kind of grumpy and with a headache on Saturday morning (my birthday!) but I took some medicine and rested a bit more while Graves watched The Lion King. Peyton had hijacked my Facebook and shared this little write-up:
31 years ago I came to this Earth as opinionated and loud as I've stayed to this very day. I love my friends fiercely and defend what I care about with equal strength and loyalty. I'm articulate (unlike my husband who wrote this) and love more than nearly anything else in this world to analyze, then re-analyze my emotions, thoughts, and really anything I can. I'm a talented writer and I value the position of influence I've been given in multiple young person's lives. I love my Lord, my family, and am privileged to celebrate this special day (virtually since I'm trapped at home while Peyton works) with so many friends.


Annie got up and they played and I straightened and made the bed and got on the computer and even finished a post. I took my bath and had breakfast and made a few lists. I visited with the kids and it was noon and I realized Annie hadn't even had breakfast. She didn't seem to worried about it and she had eaten a big supper the night before. I sent an email and ate my lunch and then made the kids lunch. I had planned to do morning school but we were so off we went ahead and had rest time.

 Annie was reading to him about cuddle fish and he wanted to pretend to be one!

The kids played and I read some blogs, had a snack, and rested myself. I folded some laundry and when rest time was over they had a snack and I finished folding the two loads I was working on and got some of it put up.

 Annie asked me what day it was because she was using her calendar to figure put how many days until the baby's due date (26!!!) and she realized that it was my birthday. Graves told me to please stay out of the kitchen for a little while and then said he had a surprise for me. It was this "cake"- a tortilla (with a bite missing), oranges, pretzels, and d plastic bead for a candle. Such a sweet little guy. With such a hormonal momma- I definitely cried!

We did their morning school stuff- critical thinking, Bible, power cards, and some finger plays and I decided to do the read aloud later that evening.

 
 I explained that new life began when the algae started producing oxygen. Annie said "wait, there's oxygen in the sea?" I told her yes and she asked why people couldn't breath under water if there was oxygen. I said because the water would get into your body and choke you if you breathed it in. She wanted to know why someone hasn't invented a device that traps the liquid but let's the oxygen through. I love her little mind and it's SUCH a privilege to be her teacher.

We did a math lesson that was super short and about half of another one and then I took the kids outside to water plants in the front yard. I let them play in the hose for awhile and a neighbor came by and I visited with her. The kids played in the backyard and rode their bikes in the driveway and I read some in my childbirth book. 
 There's been more than one season where Peyton asked me to do this while he was at work and I just didn't make it happen. MI figured I could do it this year since I have such fabulous back up. Actually, it's kind of unfair to call them back up. I just sat on the porch and they literally did everything. I love newborn snuggles, but Seven and Five are so amazing.

I fixed them suppers (mostly leftovers) and did some dishes and made yogurt popsicles. I got the kitchen swept and the trash and recycling taken out and even packed up our activity bag and breakfast bag for church the next day and then the kids took a bath.

I got them out, called in our Newks order, did the last few dishes from their supper, and got some Goodwill donations together. Peyton got home and we watched a couple of episodes of SVU and ate our Newks and then I read some more blogs and messaged a friend.

I didn't sleep well again and Sunday was a rough start. I got up later than I meant to and Peyton remembered we needed to leave a bit early because of some construction. I had a terrible headache and was so anxious. We all got ready and we made it in plenty time. I did my makeup, called Minnie, and we went in to get some water since I forgot to bring any to go with breakfast. I used the bathroom and we looked at toys and visited with Peyton a bit.

Papa/Beanie Boo visit pre church.

We got gas and headed to church. I dropped off the kids in their class and Sunday school was really interesting. A little boy that's about thirteen that Graves calls his "friend" got baptized and it was really sweet and special. The sermon was great and I ran into an old high school teacher of mine. The kids had another really good Sunday and sat still and quietly so well. We stopped at the bathroom after the service and Graves took FOREVER. Annie was so ready to go (and so was I!) but she was really patient.

We got home and I called Minnie and unpacked the car and unloaded our bags and the kids watched their shows. Annie kept getting so frustrated with Graves and I really didn't blame her but she was pretty ugly about it. We talked and I got them settled again and Graves watched part of a movie in our room and she finished up.

I started a couple of drafts of posts and made a list for the day and then did some brainstorming about homeschool resources for the next year. I fixed the kids lunch and read a few blogs and then they had rest time and I took a nice solid hour and a half nap.
 
 Graves started calling the cubby holes in his nightstand "chambers" after he saw a WildKratts about groundhogs. He loves to take out the bins and set up his action figures in the "chambers" (the flashlight was because a special ceremony was going on). 

I woke up feeling pretty good and I worked on a post briefly. I started some wash and folded a load of laundry and put it and another load I had folded the day before up. I fixed the kids supper and they ate and I straightened some and did dishes. We got their teeth brushed and flossed and played wild animals and then went to get Peyton. Graves fell asleep on the way and we talked on the way home. Peyton and I both ate supper and Annie visited with us and then Peyton watched a movie and Annie read. I folded that last load of laundry and worked on planning the week and made a list for the next day.

  
Sunday night list making. I wascracking myself up with my top line priority task. A little over three weeks so we were kind of getting down to the wire. I procrastinate with some stuff but this was SO out of character for me.  

 I read a bunch more blogs and backed up a ton of photos from the big camera on the hard drive and wrote a post that took me longer than I expected. I had a snack and went to bed.

So I realized that before we left for our NYC trip back in April I was, for the first time in nearly a year, almost caught up on these. Then stuff came up and I had a baby and now I'm TEN behind. Sorta discouraging, but it is what it is and I'll catch up some day! 

No comments: