Saturday, October 15, 2016

October Goals and Happenings

 
 I ended up liking October's header and background more than I thought I would. The only problem is that I wish the font was more visible- it just doesn't show up as much as I'd like.
 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September was a good month even though it started out with Granny's funeral and a little bit of sickness. We spent a lot of time seeing some of our favorite friends and I subbed once at St. Augustine and once at MDO. I'm really, really loving my placement at the grief center and the month flew by!

And here were my September Goals:

1. Establish times (at least two) of daily silence, stillness, and prayer. I have established one- in the morning in the tub. It's become somewhat of a habit and I'm very pleased with that. I'd like to add another in the evening as well. (Faith)

2. Cook dinner with Annie and Graves once weekly. It's very basic stuff, but we've been doing pretty well with it! (Family).

3. Go to lunch with some girlfriends. Yes! So much fun. (Relationships)

4. Drink three glasses of water a day.  didn't really keep up with it but I don't think I did a terrible job (Health)

5. Attempt to get back in a better blogging routine. I think I did okay. I'm still not near as consistent as I was but I'm finding my flow a bit more. (Creativity/Passion)

6. Continue reading The Well-Trained Mind. I did this! (Education/Edification)

7. Go through and purge baby clothes and get ready to consign some. I got started with this but it is a project that's going to take some time. (Organization)

8. Work more on planning our camping trip in October. Peyton and Annie mostly took charge of this but I gave my opinion on some things =) (Travel)

9. Catch up on online budgeting. Um, nope. (Finances)

10. Surround myself with music that brings joy. Yes- although I could have done it much more! (Joy/Gratitude/Perspective)

11. Finish thank you notes. I almost had them completely done and then we got a couple of more presents! Ha! It did make me feel less guilty about just now completing them. (Additional Goal)

12.  Get a sno-cone. Didn't get to this one either. (Fun Goal)

13.  Change over kids' closet. I got all three kids' closets done, y'all! (Bonus Goal)

14. Order Sallie's birth announcements (since she was three months old, haha!). (Bonus Goal)

 Again, I'm way late but October has been a pretty fun month. It's still really hot and that's kind of irksome, but overall it's been pretty relaxed and nice. We've spent more time with different friends and that's been fun and I feel like we're getting closer and closer to perfecting our schedule. Honestly, we don't have a lot more coming up this month besides our big camping trip. I'm excited about it!

Here are my October goals, which I'm also keeping really low key since we have a big trip and not much month left:

1. Continue a practice of daily prayer while we're on the trip. I just know it will be easy to fall out of the habit. (Faith)

2. Enjoy our time together camping and hiking and traveling and try not to allow stress to take hold. (Family)

3. Have a (super low key) Halloween party. Annie wants to have one so bad and it's really not on my list of things I'd love to do this month but I know she'd enjoy it and if I keep it simple I think it will be fun for all of us. (Relationships)

4. HIKE! Easy goal that's *going* to happen. (Health)

5. Resume blogging routine as soon as we get home and try to write some more word heavy posts while traveling. (Creativity/Passion)

6. Read Simply Good News and discuss at book club. (Education/Edification)

7. Pack for trip (and not at the very last minute). (Organization)

8. Take our camping/hiking trip. (Travel)

9. Buy Annie a solid shirt to wear under her church dresses and then press pause on spending for a bit. (Finances)

10. Make the most of the time in the car- fill it with music, books (if they don't make me sick), and good discussions with Peyton. (Joy/Gratitude/Perspective)

11. Address and mail birth announcements. (Additional Goal) 

12. Buy kids' Halloween costumes (Additional Goal)

13. Campaign for Gary Johnson (Additional Goal)

14. Burn my new Fall candle some. (Fun Goal)

Here's to October and all the adventures it brings. May we look toward them with excitement and savor them deeply.

No comments: