Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Fresh Air and Sunshine


On our camping trip this Fall I asked P if all children just love the outdoors until they are offered other, more dazzly things? I don't mean that in a judgmental way (and my big kids DO have some access to the iPad most days now). But it's weird how much all three of ours love it and always have.

They all three are much less contented if circumstances don't, or their mother doesn't, make time for it to have a piece of their day.

I knew we'd miss our backyard when we lived in Brooklyn but I didn't realize how much until I found myself taking Graves and Annie to the park every single day it was dry and above forty degrees. And I am SO not that kind of mom. 

Even then, I didn't realize it until we got home and they spent a couple of 8+ hour days outside with hardly any complaints while our floor was installed. 

I don't know why any of this surprises me. I myself am a much happier, and much kinder person, after I've spent some time in the fresh air and sunshine. 



No comments: