Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Graves at Six


Our big boy is six today and here are six things about him:

1. At home in Mississippi, he refers to the hall bathroom as "the women's bathroom". He and Peyton primarily use the one that's off the kids' room and that's more than fine by me, but we never discussed it and I thought it was so funny he picked up on it. 

2. I've been saying this for years, but Peyton and I talk about it at least once or twice a week-- he's truly one of the most selfless people I know. Sometimes I worry he'll get taken advantage of, but overall it's something I'm so thankful for. 

3. He uses "breast" as a verb. It's his shorthand way of saying "breastfeeding" (e.g. "After you're done breasting Sallie, can you fix me a sandwich?" or "that baby knows the one who's got her now is the one who's able to breast her"). I think it's hysterical and love it so much. 

4. He loves to try to "mind trick" me. He does tell me, very encouragingly, that he can't because I'm not weak minded. What a compliment!

5. I didn't think much of it until our recent airport craziness, when I did it while holding her several times, but he ALWAYS holds Sallie now while I go to the bathroom at church. At first, I wouldn't let him do it when I was in a "compromised" situation, but I've started trusting him more and more. 

6. He's such a cuddle bug and I think probably always will be (he also told me that he'll ALWAYS be "Baby Graves" even when he's a papa and I just about cried; he used to say five was the cut off but maybe he realized that, even with another baby, it would just be too much for his momma to bear). He's started calling all his stuffed animals "snuggle buddies" and I think it's so sweet. He's getting so grown but I'm glad he's still little in some ways.

We love you, (Baby) Graves, and are so grateful for you!

No comments: