Monday, June 12, 2017

You Will Always Be My Girl: Sarah Lamar Turns One


Well, Sallie turned one today. I've got lots to say about it (shocker) but for now I just wanted to share this little slideshow I made.

I teared up several times making it. The pictures, of course, and that fantastic smile, but also the music and all the things it brought to the surface. Thinking about how scared I was that night when I met her, how I bonded with her so quickly and felt that I did love her completely before even knowing her (despite feeling the least connection to her during my pregnancy, I probably felt the most connected during my early post partum days), and how grateful I am that I get to be the one who guides her through life. One year with our Sarah Lamar- I'm so glad she's ours!

No comments: