Friday, July 28, 2017

Sunday Hymns and Herrington Babies:


  Take my life and let it be
consecrated, Lord, to thee.
Take my moments and my days;
let them flow in endless praise,
let them flow in endless praise.

Take my hands and let them move
at the impulse of thy love.
Take my feet and let them be
swift and beautiful for thee,
swift and beautiful for thee.

Take my voice and let me sing
always, only, for my King.
Take my lips and let them be
filled with messages from thee,
filled with messages from thee. 

(From last weekend, because I'm that behind on things.)

I had decided last that even though Sallie wasn't contagious, it would be best to miss church. It turned out to be a good decision. First of all, I had a bit of a scratchy throat myself and was just exhausted. But the bigger issue is that Sallie didn't even wake up until a little after eight and would have slept even later, I think, if Graves hadn't woken her up. Then she took a nap at ten and another one that afternoon. She was pretty happy at first when she got up but things went downhill fast and she was really clingy.

I didn't want to take her to church because I knew it would be miserable for her and anyone else in the nursery but I also didn't want to slow down her recovery process. It typically sucks all the energy out of her and she takes especially long naps on Sundays when she's healthy. And the day before she had slept until nine and then took a four hour nap.

I took everyone to my parents' house on Saturday, knowing it would be a long day without Peyton here and that the big kids would be antsy and sad we weren't leaving the house. They were both very disappointed to miss church, which made me especially happy because sometimes (real life) it isn't their favorite. But overall, they were very understanding and gone the extra mile to be kind to their sister.

I hope that the moments and days- those that feel so long and those that seem to whisk by me much more quickly than I'd like- are filled with showing these little people what God's love is like and how worthy of our praise He is. In my exhaustion, I'm often most aware of my need for Him and I hope I can help them understand that in their tiredest, angriest, darkest moments, He is there.

No comments: