Thursday, August 17, 2017

Sunday Hymns and Herrington Babies: It Was Nothing I Did to Deserve These Gifts

 

All creatures of our God and King
Lift up your voice and with us sing,
Alleluia! Alleluia!
Thou burning sun with golden beam,
Thou silver moon with softer gleam!


O praise Him! O praise Him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Thou rushing wind that art so strong
Ye clouds that sail in Heaven along,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Thou rising moon, in praise rejoice,
Ye lights of evening, find a voice!

O praise Him! O praise Him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

Thou flowing water, pure and clear,
Make music for thy Lord to hear,
O praise Him! Alleluia!
Thou fire so masterful and bright,
That givest man both warmth and light.

O praise Him! O praise Him!
Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

These three were such little angels this week while their papa was sick with the flu. I'm so proud of my big two, especially. They had been having more sibling conflict than they have since they were tiny, but lastweek was amazing. And nobody said one cross word about how we weren't going and doing much when I chose to just buckle down with school and things around the house. They came up with so many creative things to do on their own (and let's be fair, made some huge messes). 

 Sometimes I see people say "I don't know what I did to deserve them". And I think "yeah, but that's not how that works". Of course, like so many things, they are a gift and they are a gift precisely because I did nothing to deserve them. I'm glad, because there's nothing I could do to earn the blessings that are these three souls.


No comments: